Friday, January 28, 2011

Perfect Apple Puree


As you can see I'm using a Beaba Babycook to make Mark's foods and the book I'm using is The Best Homemade Food on the Planet.


I started with four organic Gala apples(one is apparently not in the picture).


I choose to peel all of my apples.


After peeling all of my apples I cut them into small cubes.


This is roughly 2 apples ready to be cooked.


It takes about 10 minutes to steam them.


As you can see after being steamed the portion shrinks a bit. You can see the water leftover in the Babycook still, I pour it into a cup to save for later use.


I pour the apples into the Babycook and add about 1/2 a cup of water(I use the water leftover from the steaming process).


Then you puree until you get the right consistency for you.


I left ours a thicker consistency since I'm not sure how long it will take to use what all I make. I figure I can add more water to thin it out as needed. If its too thin and you need it thicker you don't have the same option


So four apples equal 19 ice cubes of food. The ice cube are approximently 1 oz each.

No comments:

Post a Comment